Jesus's Koala Gal »
Main Blog | Psychologist | Brain Safari | Zeit und ich | 思潮 、愛 | Member only | @

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pray For Summer mission:

1) Need 2 more Thailand mission members. Need 2 Cambodia mission members

2) Lutheran church has 13 churches and 4-5 evangelical centers all over Thailand to serve Thai local villagers. By 2004, about 2500 church members in total, most of the churches still rely on overseas donations to substain. Some have grown to a size that can support themselves. Pray for Thai Christians to grow in faith, and can lead their churches.

3) This Thai summer mission, there are about 6 teams, and each team has about 4-5 members, and each team goes to a different village/city all over Thailand. My team has 4 persons (3 gals, all from different Lutheran churches), go to a village (Buriam) in Northeastern Thailand, to teach Primary level English and spread the Gospel. Details of the place would not be known until later.

4) Pray for the unity of each team to fight this spiritual war in each of the village.

For My Thai concern:

1) Pray for my Thai teacher's positiveness towards Christianity: Thankful that my Thai teacher helped me so much that I should be able to pass the written Thai exam this Mon, and oral next Mon. I shall not meet her this week, but I was able to announce to her and classmates that I'd go to a village in Northeastern Thailand to teach Eng with my church.

2) Be used by God to prepare appropriate English material that can help to spread the Gospel. Pray that the setting in Buriam is appropriate to put in Gospel material in the English teaching.

3) Thankful that I'd go to a primary setting, for which my Thai is similar to their English level. Pray that I can revise so I can teach primary level English with my kindergarten/primary Thai.

4) My time management: In preparing for Thai mission, while I'd start to teach after work Mon - Thursday from mid June. I am trying hard to prepare my teaching lectures. I'd have my intensive course and completion of two PsyD courses by early June. I really have some fear. I'd need to focus and work fast.

0 comments: